Add:16th Flr, Blue Sky Business Center, 18 Muganshan Rd, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China Tel: +86-571-88234567 Ext.8011 (Ms Ke)/ 88234517 Fax: +86-571-88234517 email@example.com
Volunteer for forest program of Friends of the Earth International
Forests and Biodiversity is (FB) one of FoEI#s international programs. Through this program, Friends of the Earth International member groups work with local communities to preserve forests and uphold their rights to manage forest resources and secure sustainable livelihoods. We campaign against industrial large scale plantations, monoculture production and the commercialisation of forests and biodiversity.
FoEI is going to conduct an internal discussion about the implications of certifications on forest and the rights of indigenous people and local communities. The discussion will be through email list-serve which will be facilitated by the FB coordinator. The purpose of the discussion is to learn more about experiences of the implementation of forest certification in different country and the position of FoE groups on the issue in their country. The discussion will be used as a basis to build a FoEI#s position on forest certification in accordance with the principles, vision and mission of the federation.
FoEI is seeking a volunteer who is going work from its International Secretariat (IS) in Amsterdam to help the FB coordinator in compiling the cases studies, researching some relevant documents which help the process of the discussion. facilitating the discussion. A IS staff will assist the volunteer in organising the discussion.
- to follow and to take note of the discussion
- to summary the positions, the points of agreement and disagreement
- to compile and to systematise case studies provided by FoE groups
- to circulate in the information if needed/asked
- to make a regular updates of the discussion
- to make a compilation bibliography on forest certification
- to keep track the issues of the discussion
- knowledge about forest and biodiversity issues
- knowledge about indigenous peoples# issues and community rights
- knowledge about the certification issues in general
- excellent language skills in English and Spanish
- communication skills and experiences in inter-cultural communication