China Overview
>> Map of China
>> A Peep at China
>> National
>> People
>> Economic
>> Chinese elements
 
· Folk Culture
· Travel
· Culture traditional
· Celebrity
· Art
· Literature
· Geography
· Religion
· Cultural relics
· Food
Do you know ?
·
·
·
China Information >> Travel
 
Protected Sites

Site of the Zunyi Conference

The Site of the Zunyi Conference is located at No. 80, Hongqi Road, Zunyi City, Guizhou Province. In 1955, the Memorial of Zunyi Conference was built here. In 1964, Mao Zedong inscribed the name of the memorial.

The site is a two-storeyed wood-and-brick building built in the 1930s. It was originally the private mansion of Bai Huizhang, a warlord and the Commander of the Second Division, No.25 Army of Qian (Guizhou Province) Army. There is a corridor on the first floor, and the floors have colonnades on all sides. The building is 25.75 meters wide, 16.95 meters deep, and 16.95 meters high, and covers an area of 528 square meters.

In early January of 1935, the First Army of the Red Army arrived in Zunyi after the Long March. From January 15 to 17, the Central Government held the Extended Conference of the Political Bureau, also called Zunyi Conference, here. It animadverted the Left opportunism in the Fifth Anti Encirclement Campaign and at the beginning of the Long March. It confirmed the military principles of Mao Zedong, and elected him a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau. It replaced the top commanding right of Bo Gu and Li De with the Central Commanding Group consisting of Mao Zedong, Zhou Enlai and Wang Jiaxiang. Zunyi Conference is an important event in the history of the Communist Party of China. It saved the party, the Red Army and the revolution. It is a vital turning point in the history.

The meeting room of the conference is a rectangular hall on the second floor in the east, covering 27 square meters. In the west wall there are some windows, and two closets against the east wall with a clock hanging on it. In the middle of the hall there is a rectangular table surrounded by a circle of foldable chairs. In the building there are the former residences and offices of Zhou Enlai, Vice Chairman of the Central Military Committee, Zhu De, Commander in Chief of the Red Army, Liu Bocheng, General Chief of Staff, Ye Jianying, Chief of Staff, Peng Dehuai, Commander of the Third Corps, and Yang Shangkun, the Comissar, etc.

Cenotaph for the Friendship Between China and USSR

 

The Cenotaph for the Friendship Between China and the USSR is located at the center of the square in front of the Lushun Museum in Lushun Port of Dalian City. The construction began on February 23, 1955, and was completed on February 14, 1957. Zhou Enlai wrote the epigraph of its foundation.

The cenotaph was built of white marbles, marbles and granites. It is 22.2 meters high. It has a square base with each side of 22 meters long, and the base is surrounded by white marble balustrades. There are side steps in the middle and on the four sides of the two platforms. The seat of the cenotaph is in the center of the second platform, and is square and decorated with bas-reliefs:The Blast Furnace of the Anshan Steel Factoryin the east,the Farm of Friendship Between China and the USSRin the west,Tian,anmen and the Kremlin Palacein the south, andthe Victory Tower of Lushun Portin the north. On the seat stands the tower body of 12 meters tall. The section of the tower is dodecagonal. The statues of the characters that symbolize the friendship between China and the USSR surround the bottom of the tower. The top of the tower is carved with lotus petals, where the friendship badge is embedded.

Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum

The Sun Yat-sen,s Mausoleum is at the southern piedmont of Zijin Peak of Zhongshan Mountain in the eastern suburbs of Nanjing City of Jiangsu Province.

A well-known architect named LuYanzhi designed the mausoleum. The construction began on March 12, 1926, and was completed in 1929. On June 1 of the same year, the remains of Dr. Sun Yat-sen were moved from Beijing to the mausoleum. The mausoleum covers an area of over 3,000 hectares with a construction area of 80,000 square meters. It was open to the public in 1961.

In front of the Mausoleum there is a lune open space, on the south of which stands the copper statue of Sun Yat-sen. Go up the steps from the space, you can find a marble archway with two Chinese characters that mean caritas in the middle. Behind the archway, there lies a passageway of 480 meters long and 40 meters wide. The gate of the mausoleum is carved with four Chinese characters of Tian Xia Wei Gong written by Dr. Sun Yat-sen himself. Behind the gate there is a stele pavilion, and eight flights of steps (392 steps altogether) made of granites from Suzhou City. At the end of the steps stands the mausoleum. Chinese characters that mean the Nation, the Civil rights, and the People,s Livelihood are carved on the three arches of the mausoleum. The interior of the mausoleum is very venerable and solemn, and in the middle sits the white marble statue of Dr. Sun Yat-sen. It is a 5-meter high statue with a vivid appearance. There are 6 bas-reliefs on the sides of the statue seat depicting the revolution course of Sun Yat-sen. On the black marbles that stick to the four walls, the full text of the posthumous workFundamentals of National Reconstructionis carved. Behind the mausoleum there is the coffin chamber. The Chinese inscriptions ofThe Noble Spirit Lives ForeverandThe Tomb of Sun Yat-senare carved on the doors respectively. In the coffin chamber there is the round marble grave. It is 5 meters deep with a diameter of 4 meters. The coffin of Sun Yat-sen is emplaced here. A lying statue of Sun Yat-sen is in the coffin.

The Revolutionary Site in Yanan City

The Revolutionary Site in Yan,an City is in Shaanxi Province. Yan,an City is the famous spot of the Chinese Revolution. From 1937 to 1947, Yan,an was the locus of the Central Government of the Chinese Communist Party, and the capital of the border area of Shaanxi Province, Gansu Province and the Ningxia Autonomous Region. It was also the commanding center and the general rear area. The Revolutionary Site in Yan,an City mainl