- What vaccinnations should I receive before entering China?
- What does my health (medical and dental) insurance cover?
- What happens if I get sick?
1.What vaccinnations should I receive before entering China?
If you make an appointment to consult with your local GP he will advise you in regard to the vaccinations that are required or advised for people to have before coming to China. There is a sanctioned list authorized by the World Health Organization that all GP,s use as a reference when advising on and administering vaccinations. Usually a full course of all the vaccinations will take about one and half to two weeks.
2.What does my health (medical and dental) insurance cover?
Accident Insurance of China Taiping Inruance
Overview of China Taiping Insurance Group Co.
China Taiping Insurance Holdings Company Limited ("CTIH") is publicly listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: HK 00966) and is an insurance conglomerate incorporated and headquartered in Hong Kong. The corporate company is mainly responsible for overall group strategic planning, overall group capital management and development in support of the operatory businesses, investor relations, credit ratings and research analysts relations, and compliance with the listing and other laws and regulations of Hong Kong.
Life Insurance Business
The Life Insurance Business is operated by Taiping Life Insurance Company Limited ("TPL"), which is 50.05%-owned by CTIH. TPL was incorporated in PRC with a national licence to operate domestic life insurance. TPL is mainly engaged in underwriting of direct life insurance contracts in Mainland China. TPL,s products are distributed through Individual Agents, Own Marketing Team, Brokers and Bancassurance. TPL has 33 main branches and more than 707 sub-branches and marketing centers in major cities. TPL is rated A- by Fitch.
Property and Casualty Insurance Business
The Property and Casualty Insurance Business in PRC is operated by Taiping General Insurance Company Limited ("TPI"), which is 51.77%-owned by CTIH. TPI was incorporated in PRC with a national licence to operate domestic property and casualty insurance. TPI is mainly engaged in underwriting motor, marine and non-marine policies in Mainland China. TPI has 27 main branches and more than 369 sub-branches and marketing centers in major cities.
The Property and Casualty Insurance Business in Hong Kong is operated by China Taiping Insurance (HK) Company Limited ("CTPI (HK)"), which is wholly-owned by CTIH and was incorporated Hong Kong. CTPI (HK) is mainly engaged in the underwriting of motor, property, liability, marine and accident & health policies in Hong Kong. CTPI (HK),s paid up capital is HK$2.39 billion.
The Reinsurance Business is operated by Taiping Reinsurance Company Limited ("TPRe"), which is wholly-owned by CTIH and was incorporated in Hong Kong in 1980. TPRe is mainly engaged in the underwriting of all classes of global reinsurance business except for casualty reinsurance business outside Asia and its key markets are Hong Kong, China, Japan, other Asian countries or territories, Europe and other parts of the world. TPRe is rated A by Fitch, A- by A.M. Best and S&P, which are among the best ratings ever received for a PRC-affiliated company.
1. Asset Management Business - The Assets Management Business is operated by Taiping Asset Management Company Limited ("TPAM") and Taiping Assets Management (HK) Company Limited ("TPA (HK)"), which are non-wholly-owned and wholly-owned by CTIH, respectively. TPAM and TPA (HK) were incorporated in PRC and Hong Kong, respectively. TPAM and TPA (HK) are engaged in the provision of investment consultancy services to the CTIH and TPG in managing its RMB and non-RMB investment portfolios, respectively.
2. Insurance Intermediary Business - The Insurance Intermediary Business is operated by Taiping Reinsurance Brokers Limited ("TPRB"), which is wholly-owned by CTIH and was incorporated in Hong Kong. TPRB is mainly engaged in broking services for reinsurance and insurance companies. TPRB,s key markets are Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore and PRC.
3. Pension Management Business - The Pension Management Business is operated by Taiping Pension Company Limited ("TPP") which is non-wholly-owned by CTIH and was incorporated in PRC. TPP is mainly engaged in providing various trustee and occupational annuity services in Mainland China.